HuntingtonHelps LIVE Provides One-on-One and Small-Group Tutoring and Test Prep OnlineBy Huntington Learning Center
As families everywhere grapple with a new school reality – remote, online learning for the foreseeable future – Huntington Learning Center is ready to deliver the same personalized learning services that students and parents have relied upon for 43 years, now in an online format.
HuntingtonHelps LIVE is Huntington’s virtual tutoring platform that allows children to receive one-on-one and small-group tutoring and test prep services at home.
Taught by Certified Teachers, All School Subjects Available
HuntingtonHelps LIVE tutoring and test prep sessions are taught by the same certified teachers who work in Huntington’s brick-and-mortar centers. Current Huntington students as well as new students can get help using Zoom on a connected device, and teachers keep track of their progress. Subjects offered include:
- Social studies
- Language arts
- Foreign language
- Study skills
In addition to getting help with specific subjects and study skills, students preparing for upcoming Advanced Placement (AP), SAT, and ACT exams can schedule test prep sessions.
The Same Trusted Process Delivered Online
Huntington is the tutoring and test prep leader and has delivered individualized instruction to students of all ages for 43 years. HuntingtonHelps LIVE meets students’ needs today, when they are learning remotely and still facing the same challenges they did before the coronavirus outbreak caused schools to close their doors.
Whether your child needs homework help, is struggling with one particular subject, or is preparing for the SAT or ACT later this year, Huntington can help. Here’s how it works:
- Comprehensive evaluation – We’ll get a snapshot of your child’s current skill level.
- Pinpoint strengths and weaknesses – We’ll assess where to concentrate when tailoring your child’s tutoring plan.
- Develop a personalized tutoring plan – Based on the results of our academic evaluation, we’ll develop a customized tutoring plan to meet your child’s needs and help them achieve their academic goals.
COVID-19 Causing Major Academic Impacts
Learning loss is an issue that parents hear about regarding summer break, but the coronavirus crisis has created a new problem for students. Research from NWEA, a research-based, not-for-profit that supports students and educators worldwide, shares some projections:
- NWEA states that a typical summer slide leads to declines of 2-3 months of learning over the summer break.
- NWEA estimates that students will return in fall 2020 with roughly 70% of the learning gains in reading relative to a typical school year, and less than 50% of the learning gains (in some grades) in math – nearly a full year behind what NWEA observes in normal conditions.
- NWEA calls the COVID-19 crisis a call to action for educators and policy makers, as they will need to support students, who will likely be behind academically, when school is back in session.
As you consider these startling facts, keep in mind that Huntington can help your child keep pace with grade-level expectations and stay on track for next school year. This will minimize stress and ensure your child does not struggle when regular school resumes. It’s a worthwhile investment made easier by Huntington’s convenient online programming.
Schedule by Calling Your Local Center
It’s easy to get started using HuntingtonHelps LIVE. If there is a Huntington Learning Center in your area, call it directly. If your child is not a current student or you’re unsure which center is nearest you, call 1-800 CAN LEARN. Coming soon, you’ll also be able to schedule appointments for your child at www.HuntingtonHelps.com.
Learn more about HuntingtonHelps LIVE at www.huntingtonhelps.com/online-tutoring.
- ACT Prep
- ACT Scores
- AP Exams
- College Essay
- College Prep
- Common Core
- Elementary School
- Exam Prep
- For Educators
- For Parents
- High School
- Middle School
- Online Tutoring
- Remote Learning
- SAT and ACT Prep
- SAT Prep
- SAT Scores
- Senior Year
- Standardized Tests
- State Tests
- Test Prep
- Classroom Management
- Extra Help
- Freshman Year
- Junior Year
- Learning Loss
- Learning Report Card
- Read Across America
- Sophomore Year
- Student Loans
- Study Skills
- Test Cancellations
- Test Skills
- Test Taking
- Time Management