Many private and parochial schools require students successfully pass an entrance
We help prepare for most entrance exams, including the following national exams:
exam in order to gain admission. Huntington can help you do your best on these exams.
We also prepare for most local and regional exams, including the following:
- ISEE or Independent School Entrance Exam for grades 4-12. The ISEE has three levels, Lower, Middle, and Upper. The Lower Level is for students in grades 4 and 5. The Middle Level is for students in grades 6 and 7. The Upper Level is for students in grades 8-11.
- SSAT or Secondary School Admission Test for grades 5-11. The SSAT has two levels, Lower and Upper. The Lower Level is for students in grades 5-7 and the Upper Level is for students in grades 8-11.
- HSPT or High School Placement Test for eighth graders for placement in ninth grade.
- COOP or Cooperative Admissions Examination Program for admission into a Catholic high school in northern New Jersey.
- SHSAT or Specialized High Schools Admissions Test for grades 8 and 9 to determine admission to most of New York City's specialized high schools.
- Academic Evaluation using an actual full-length exam. We use its results to create a personalized program, tailored to each student's needs and designed to help achieve test score goals.
- Initial conference to discuss the Academic Evaluation and the personalized program.
- Program's duration is tailored to student's needs and goals.
- We administer several actual, past full-length exams during the program to measure progress.
- One-to-one tutoring with a highly trained professional tutor who is either state certified or Huntington certified.
- We hold regularly scheduled interim conferences to discuss progress towards goals.
- If parents wish, we will visit your child's school to discuss the progress he or she is making at Huntington.
- Flexible scheduling.
- We conduct all tutoring in our professional offices.
- Proven success since 1977.
|Students come to Huntington for help with a variety of High School Entrance Exams (HSEE) including, but not limited to ISEE, SSAT , HSPT and COOP .
Use this HSEE Fact Sheet to learn about the tests that are important in your area.
||Private, Non-Catholic Religious
|Administered to 8th graders
||Administered to 8th graders
Verbal Reasoning - Words
Verbal Reasoning - Context
Reading Language Arts
||Lower Level: 2 hrs 20 min
Middle Level: 2 hrs 40 min
Upper Level: 2 hrs 40 min
|Approx. 2 hrs 45 min.
||Approx. 2 hrs 30 min.
||Approx. 2 hrs 45 min.
||Varies by area; usually between Oct and Apr*
||8 dates per year from Oct to June**
||2 times per year, in spring and fall***
||1 times per year, in November****
||Archdiocese of Newark, Diocese of Paterson
Give your child all the support they need to perform well on state tests, call Huntington now at 1 800 CAN LEARN.